Welcome to the Hodlgang, it's Taylor, your resident hodler and CEO of Hedgehog, where you can learn, track, and trade cryptocurrency. As is the case in every newsletter, there's a Ledger Nano S giveaway — to enter, just answer the question at the end.
29. This is going to be my 29th letter since starting this series back in July, 2021. To all those who have been here since the beginning, I tip my hat. To those who just joined, I tip my… other hat? Anyhow, here's a little Easter 🥚: at the 50th letter, as a big fat thank you, I’m going to do something special and reward our most consistently engaged readers. More to come on that… in 21 letters.
Anyways, today's letter is going to be on the shorter side – I've got way, wayyyyyyy too much coding to get done this week. Gotta do some data ingest stuff in Python so we can pull in, format, map, and merge coin data from dozens of sources (CoinMarketCap, Messari, etc.) to make sure our data is always up-to-date. Let's dive right in.
One of the things we try to do at Hedgehog is educate our community members on various crypto concepts.
You've probably heard the term "staking" quite a bit over the past couple of years... and no, it has nothing to do with porterhouses, but if you're not familiar with the concept, check out our explanation of staking [9 min read] on our blog.
Next we check the latest report on NFTs. It’s a 6 min read and absolutely worthwhile if you want to stay on top of all things related to these magical lil tokens.
And finally, here's the origin of Cardano's logo and name [3 min read]!
Stories that caught my eye…
- Crypto.com confirms that hundreds of accounts were hacked
- Margin Trading Exchange dYdX to Fully Decentralize in 2022
- Coinbase partners with Mastercard to allow users to buy NFTs with cards
- House Energy and Commerce Committee investigates crypto's environmental impact
Giveaway question of the week: What other crypto newsletters are you subscribed to? And yes, I am 100% asking this to compare and see how my letter stacks up to the rest in the space. Can't improve if I don't know what the competition is! Reply directly to this email for a chance to win a brand spankin' new Ledger Nano S hardware wallet.
At least my bags are recyclable,
To get future newsletters delivered straight to your inbox every week, sign up here!